Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Introductions

Hi folks, welcome to my blog.

I am beginning this online journal as much for myself as for the amusement of my friends, perhaps some unfamiliars who may find the misadventures entertaining. As for the content, it's up in the air. Mostly crafts, on occasion some cooking, and whatever other projects I decide to take on.

The initial inspiration though, is Miss Kerri Ough. For my 30th birthday this year, Kerri gave me Martha Stewart's Encyclopedia of Crafts. It is a thing of Vinyl Cafe stories to be sure, a thing that my boyfriend may not be thrilled about when the projects begin to take over our dining room table, but I am intrigued. After spending a few unplanned hours reading through the encyclopedia, I decided I would attempt to tackle all of these crafts this year. It's lofty, I know, but let's see how far I get.

I have delayed the launch of this blog and so I do have a few things to display already. A week ago, the day I did my first reading of the encyclopedia, my brother was to stop by my apartment to pick up his laptop. We had a giant mound of clementines that needed to be eaten - what a perfect opportunity. My brother loves clementines, and I could make his visit my first excuse to do a craft. Flipping to the origami section, I located the little paper candy boxes. My first attempt produced a box big enough to hold one pea. Next attempt went a little better, and voila! Craft #1! Pink, origami candy box. Still too small for the clementine, but I liked the way the little orange just sat on top. I am pleased.



I am out of time for tonight, but I will catch up with the rest tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment