Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Basil, Spinach and Goats Cheese Ravioli

My favourite venture so far, because the end result is delicious, was Basil, Spinach and Goats Cheese Ravioli.

Just before Christmas, I found a pasta machine on sale. I have wanted one of these for years now, because there is nothing beats fresh pasta. The egg pasta recipe I used was from Mark Bittman's How To Cook Everything. I did a whole wheat pasta with chopped basil mixed in. The stuffing included cooked spinach, goats cheese, parmesean cheese, parsley and garlic.


Yummy. I did a pretty poor job of folding the raviolis until my guy joined in the fun. Who knew he was a master ravioli sealer?!


Once they were all ready, it took a whole minute to cook in some boiling water... the other beauty of fresh pasta - it cooks FAST! The preparation took a few hours my first time through though, but when you're working on it with a partner, it's pretty fun.

Final result, delicious pasta topped with a tomato sauce of your choice. Bon apetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment