Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Season of Love

Once a year, this holiday comes around, and though I typically don't do a whole lot to celebrate, I usually do cards. Instead of buying though, I love handmade cards if manageable. I pulled out a few materials I had lying around, and went to work.

First of all, I used some blank cards I bought from a stationery store a few years ago. They were pre-cut with a window so that one could insert a photograph. Instead, I cut out a few pieces of off-white paper to use as a matting.

A few years ago, my brother gave me the most wonderful gift. Among the items were beautiful pieces of Japanese paper and a hole punch shaped like a girl. Using a strip of the Japanese paper, I cut half-heart shapes and punched out a few girls (sounds violent doesn't it?).

I then glued the cutouts to the offwhite paper. This was then taped into the card and voila. Incredibly simple, but they look lovely. On the light coloured card, I added a red border so that the cutouts didn't appear to be floating around the page so much.

So here they are:


HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY.


1 comment:

  1. Hey you! I can't see the pictures.. maybe you could upload them again?

    ReplyDelete